(Crabapple) New to us, Malus 'Candymint' is a small, spreading tree with masses of beautiful pink flowers (deep pink when in bud) in spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
New to us, Malus 'Candymint' is a small, spreading tree with masses of beautiful light pink flowers (deep pink when in bud) in spring. These flowers are followed by long lasting purple fruit in autumn. The leaves are green in the summer with yellow/orange autumn tints before they fall.
Malus 'Candymint' is a stunning small tree developing some horizontally-tired branches once established.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil (avoid waterlogging).
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Candymint' grows to be a very small, spreading tree.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Candymint' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like