Syringa chinensis 'Saugeana'
(Rouen Lilac) A dense branching shrub, Syringa x chinensis 'Saugeana' has panicles of attractive fragrant lilac-red flowers in late Spring or early Summer.
Supplied Size: 4L pots (60 - 80 cm tall)
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A dense branching shrub, Syringa x chinensis 'Saugeana' has panicles of attractive fragrant lilac-red flowers in late Spring or early Summer. The leaves are mid green and ovate (shaped like an egg).
Syringa x chinensis 'Saugeana' is a hybrid between Syringa laciniata and Syringa vulgaris and the best display of flowers will usually be seen when planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Lilac-red
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Syringa x chinensis 'Saugeana' grows to be a medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Scented, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like