Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa
(Nodding Lilac) An unusual Lilac native to China, Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa has lovely dropping panicles of colourful purplish-pink flowers, 15 - 20 cm long in early summer.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (three year old plants, 40 - 60 cm tall)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An unusual Lilac native to China, Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa has lovely dropping panicles of colourful purplish-pink flowers, 15 - 20 cm long in early summer. The leaves large, mid green and oval.
Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa grows to be a large shrub and the best display of flowers will usually be seen when planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa grows to be a tall multi-stemmed shrub or small branching tree with an open crown.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as Syringa reflexa.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like