(Crab Apple) Malus 'Liset' is a small ornamental tree with masses of deep pink/purple flowers in spring, followed by small, cherry-like dark red fruit in late summer/autumn and lasting into winter.
Supplied Size: 5 / 7.5L pot (100 - 125 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Malus 'Liset' is a small ornamental tree with masses of deep pink/purple flowers in spring, followed by small, cherry-like dark red fruit in late summer/autumn and lasting into winter. These fruit are popular with birds.
The leaves are dark purplish-green when they emerge in spring, gradually turning to dark green later in the year.
Malus 'Liset' is an eye-catching small tree with good interest through the year.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Deep pink/purple
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Liset' grows to be a small tree with a rounded habit.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Liset' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like