(Ague Tree) Rare in the UK, Sassafras albidum grows to be a small tree with variable leaves, usually with conspicuous lobes and stunning autumn colour.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in pre-ordering this plant with a deposit please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at email@example.com
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Rare in the UK, Sassafras albidum grows to be a small tree with variable leaves, usually with conspicuous lobes and stunning autumn colour. The leaves are pale green through spring and summer, turning vivid shades of orange, red or yellow before falling in autumn.
Sassafras albidum is most suited for a moist, well drained soil and enjoys a sheltered position from the wind. Excellent choice of tree for foliage interest through the year.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, moist soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy but Sassafras albidum can be fickle and requires protection from late spring frost when young.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sassafras albidum grows to be a small or eventually medium sized tree, pyramidal when young and generally rounded once mature.
- Height: 12 m (40 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Please also note that Sassafras albidum is generally hardy but can be a fickle and difficult plant, suitable for experienced gardeners only. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like