Philadelphus coronarius 'Aureus'
(Golden-leaved Mock Orange) A colourful shrub, Philadelphus coronarius 'Aureus' has soft golden yellow leaves in spring and early summer, darkening to yellow-green in late summer and autumn.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A colourful shrub, Philadelphus coronarius 'Aureus' has soft golden yellow leaves in spring and early summer, darkening to yellow-green in late summer and autumn. Established plants have a beautiful display of large, white, scented flowers.
Philadelphus coronarius 'Aureus' is best planted in a position with light, dappled shade to prevent the lovely bust delicate leaves scorching.
- Position: Light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Philadelphus coronarius 'Aureus' grows to be an upright, small or eventually medium sized shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (up to 5 ft)
- Spread: 1.2 m (4 ft)
- Notes: Prune Philadelphus coronarius 'Aureus' to shape immediately after flowering if required.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Scented
You might also like