Spiraea japonica 'Golden Princess'
(Golden Japanese Spirea) A popular and reliable deciduous shrub, Spiraea japonica 'Golden Princess' has bronze leaves in spring which turn a lovely shade of rich gold (or lime green if planted in shade) in the summer time.
Supplied Size: 3L containers (three year old plant, approx 25 - 30 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A popular and reliable deciduous shrub, Spiraea japonica 'Golden Princess' has bronze leaves in spring which turn a lovely shade of rich gold (or lime green if planted in shade) in the summer time. In late summer, flat clusters of rose-pink flowers appear which contract nicely with the golden leaves. In autumn the leaves turn vivid shades of red and orange before falling.
Spiraea japonica 'Golden Princess' can be grown in a large container or garden border and the best foliage colour will be achieved in a position with plenty of sunlight.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Spiraea japonica 'Golden Princess' grows to be a small, bushy, rouned shrub.
- Height: up to 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like