(New Zealand Holly) A medium sized, evergreen shrub native to New Zealand with large silvery-green, holly-like leaves and clusters of fragrant, white flowers in early to mid summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A medium sized, evergreen shrub native to New Zealand with large silvery-green, holly-like leaves and clusters of fragrant, white flowers in early to mid summer. The leaves are musk-scented when crushed.
A handsome foliage plant, Olearia macrodonta can be as a specimen shrub or dense hedge and is ideal for warm coastal gardens!
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Olearia macrodonta requires protection from cold winter winds and is most suitable to warm, south or west facing gardens.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a densely branching, rounded habit once established.
- Height: 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft), larger in very warm areas.
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Olearia macrodonta is very tolerant of windy, warm, coastal conditions.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Screening/Hedge
You might also like