(Chinese Necklace Poplar) Native to parts of China, Populus lasiocarpa is a handsome medium sized tree with huge, heart-shaped leaves up to 30 cm long and 25 cm wide with rhubarb red veins and leaf stalks.
Supplied Size: 2L deep containers (approx 3 years old, 20 - 40 cm tall) - very limited availability this year
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Native to parts of China, Populus lasiocarpa is a handsome medium sized tree with huge, heart-shaped leaves up to 30 cm long and 25 cm wide with rhubarb red veins and leaf stalks.
In mid summer an established plant has masses of spectacular, wooly catkins which cover the branches. A shapely and very unusual garden tree!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Populus lasiocarpa grows to be a medium sized, shapely tree.
- Height: up to 18 m (60 ft)
- Spread: 14 m (45 ft)
- Notes: Populus lasiocarpa can have vigorous root systems and should not be planted close to drains or house foundations. (Minimum 10 - 12 m).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
You might also like