Rubus calycinoides 'Betty Ashburner'
(Ornamental Bramble ) A tough, evergreen ground cover plant, Rubus calycinoides 'Betty Ashburner' has bold, dark green leaves and white, saucer-shaped flowers in early summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A tough, evergreen ground cover plant, Rubus calycinoides 'Betty Ashburner' has bold, dark green leaves and white, saucer-shaped flowers in early summer. This is a useful garden plant for growing over banks or large, open areas for ornamental ground cover or to suppress weeds.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any soil but avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Low, dense, spreading ground cover plant with long trailing shoots.
- Height: up to 30 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: Indefinite
- Notes: Rubus calycinoides 'Betty Ashburner' is a tough garden plant and good in difficult spots.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like