Ligustrum x vicaryi
(Golden Privet) A colourful, evergreen shrub, Ligustrum x vicaryi has soft-golden leaves and sprays of pretty white flowers in late spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Golden Privet) A colourful, evergreen shrub, Ligustrum x vicaryi has soft-golden leaves and sprays of pretty white flowers in late spring. The golden colour is most evident on the younger leaves, with the more mature foliage darkening to green.
Ligustrum x vicaryi is ideal for growing as a foliage plant in a sunny border or can also pruned yearly to make a colourful hedging plant!
Supplied Size: 3L containers (approx 3 years old, 30 - 50 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Ligustrum x vicaryi is reasonably tolerant of dry conditions and drought.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ligustrum x vicaryi grows to be a large densely branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) if left unpruned.
- Notes: A specimen of Ligustrum x vicaryi, planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 1.5 m and a spread of 1.5 m after 4 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Screening/Hedge
You might also like