(Szechuan Pepper) A large hardy shrub, Zanthoxylum simulans has fine, pinnate leaves which turn lovely shades of creamy yellow in autumn.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A large hardy shrub, Zanthoxylum simulans has fine, pinnate leaves which turn lovely shades of creamy yellow in autumn. In late summer it bears good crops of small deep pink fruits.
Zanthoxylum simulans is a handsome plant and very drought tolerant, good in dry soils.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Enjoys dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Zanthoxylum simulans enjoys shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Zanthoxylum simulans grows to be a vase shaped medium sized shrub in the short term, eventually a very small branching tree.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) / or up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) / or up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like