- On sale!
Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia'
(Narrow-leaved Bay Tree) A rare selection of the familiar bay tree, Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' has slender, evergreen leaves which release an aromatic scent when bruised and can be used in cooking.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A rare selection of the familiar bay tree, Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' has slender, evergreen leaves which release an aromatic scent when bruised and can be used in cooking. This is more hardy then a standard bay tree and can successfully be grown outside in the U.K. although it still does best in a warm position and still requires protection in severe winters.
Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' is a handsome, evergreen plant, best against a sunny wall or fence. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' will grow best when planted in a position sheltered from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' grows to be a large densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
Notes: This plant is also known as Laurus nobilis 'Salicifolia'. Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will replace a Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Scented, Screening/Hedge, To grow in a pot
You might also like