Available Winter 2018
(Epaulette Tree) An exquisite and rare tall shrub or very small tree from China and Japan with panicles of fragrant white flowers in May and June.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in pre-ordering this plant with a deposit please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at email@example.com
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An exquisite and rare tall shrub or very small tree from China and Japan with panicles of fragrant white flowers in May and June. The leaves of Pterostyrax corymbosa are oval and turn attractive shades of yellow before falling in autumn.
Pterostyrax corymbosa is hardy but usually seem to do best in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Pterostyrax corymbosa requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pterostyrax corymbosa grows to be a tall shrub or very small, upright tree.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: Pterostyrax corymbosa will flower much better if planted in a hot, sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Catkins, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like