Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata'
(Cut-leaved Elder) A handsome shrub with deeply cut green leaves, Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata' is very hardy and has leaves which are similar to that of a cut-leaf Japanese Maples.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A handsome shrub with deeply cut green leaves, Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata' is very hardy and has leaves which are similar to that of a cut-leaf Japanese Maples. Wide clusters of creamy-white flowers appear on the branches in early to mid summer and stand out well against the dark green leaves.
Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata' is a superb back border shrub for foliage which can be pruned back hard if required. It can also be grown in a large pot or container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata' grows to be a large rounded shrub which can be pruned back hard on a yearly basis to limit the size if required.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot
You might also like