Salix hastata 'Wehrhahnii'
(Halberd-Leaved Willow) First discovered in Switzerland, Salix hastata 'Wehrhahnii' has masses of silvery catkins in spring with attractive golden anthers.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in pre-ordering this plant with a deposit please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at email@example.com
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
First discovered in Switzerland, Salix hastata 'Wehrhahnii' has masses of silvery catkins in spring with attractive golden anthers. The leaves are oval and sea-green, with a finely toothed edge. A slow growing willow which is grown mainly for its lovely display of catkins in spring.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Salix hastata 'Wehrhahnii' enjoys damp or wet soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small, compact branching shrub with a spreading habit.
- Height: up to 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Salix hastata 'Wehrhahnii' is a versatile, low maintenance form which is ideal for smaller gardens with limited space.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
You might also like