Salix alba 'Sericea'
(Silver Willow) An eye-catching cultivar, Salix alba 'Sericea' has beautiful, narrow silvery leaves in spring / summer which turn golden-yellow in a good crisp autumn before falling.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in pre-ordering this plant with a deposit please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An eye-catching cultivar, Salix alba 'Sericea' has beautiful, narrow silvery leaves in spring / summer which turn golden-yellow in a good crisp autumn before falling. Small, yellow catkins appear on the branches in spring. Makes a fine standalone tree or can be pruned regularly to create a smaller shrub with an excellent foliage effect!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Salix alba 'Sericea' enjoys damp or wet soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with a rounded crown if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: Salix alba 'Sericea' makes an effective garden plant if pruned back to 30 cm (1 ft) above the ground each spring or every two years before coming into leaf. This reduces the end size and encourages it to produce vigorous upright stems with intensely silver leaves.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also like