Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak'
Available Autumn 2018
(Caspian Willow) A vigorous willow, Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' has a distinctive blueish-white bloom on the stems (hence the name 'Blue Streak') and masses of silver catkins in spring.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in pre-ordering this plant with a deposit please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at email@example.com
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A vigorous willow, Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' has a distinctive blueish-white bloom on the stems (hence the name 'Blue Streak') and masses of silver catkins in spring. The leaves are light green, quite narrow and faintly resemble those of a bamboo.
Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' has year round interest, but is particularly eye-catching in winter when the stems can be clearly seen.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' enjoys damp or wet soils but avoid areas prone to flooding.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Large, branching shrub with a rounded habit if left unpruned.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' makes an effective garden plant if pruned back to 30 cm (1 ft) above the ground each spring before coming into leaf. This reduces the end size and encourages it to produce vigorous arching stems.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Catkins, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like