Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea'
Available Winter 2018
(Golden-leaved Hop Tree) An eye-catching small tree, Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' has leaves which emerge a lime green colour in spring before turning golden-yellow in the summer.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in pre-ordering this plant with a deposit please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An eye-catching small tree, Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' has leaves which emerge a lime green colour in spring before turning golden-yellow in the summer. These leaves fade back to pale green in the autumn time before falling.
This brightly coloured foliage makes an effective foil for purple-leaved or dark foliaged plants. Small yellowish-green flowers with a lovely honeysuckle-like fragrance adorn the branches in early summer.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish green
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' is eventually a very small branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' comes into leaf in late spring and is an ideal choice of tree for an area subject to severe late frosts.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Scented
You might also like