Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Manteau d'Hermine'
(Compact Mock Orange) A popular cultivar, Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Manteau d'Hermine' is a dwarf, compact form with heavily scented, creamy-white, double flowers.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A popular cultivar, Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Manteau d'Hermine' is a dwarf, compact form with heavily scented, creamy-white, double flowers. The English translation of the French 'Manteau d'Hermine' is 'Coat of Ermine' a suitable name when considering the masses of flower.
A charming, small shrub which usually flowers best in a position with full sun.
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Manteau d'Hermine' grows to be a small shrub with a mound-like habit.
- Height: 0.75 m (up to 3 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Prune Philadelphus x lemoinei 'Manteau d'Hermine' to shape immediately after flowering if required.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like