Myrtus communis 'Variegata'
(Variegated Myrtle) A popular medium sized, evergreen Myrtle with a pretty, creamy-white variegation on the leaf edges.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Variegated Myrtle) A popular medium sized, evergreen Myrtle with a pretty, creamy-white variegation on the leaf edges. As with other Myrtles, this has many attractive white flowers late in the year.
The colourful variegation makes Myrtus communis 'Variegata' a colourful addition to a sheltered winter border and a handsome garden plant!
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in this plant please email us at email@example.com or call our office on (01530) 413700 and we will contact you when next available.
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Protect in winter. Myrtus communis 'Variegata' requires shelter from cold winter winds and protection in severe winters.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a bushy, rounded habit once established.
- Height: up to 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that Myrtus communis 'Variegata' can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Variegated, Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like