Magnolia x 'Susan'
A striking hybrid, Magnolia x 'Susan' has masses of beautiful, large, fragrant, purple-red, cup-shaped flowers in spring.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A striking hybrid, Magnolia x 'Susan' has masses of beautiful, large, fragrant, purple-red, cup-shaped flowers in spring. These flowers are somewhat frost resistant and very eye-catching against the attractive, green foliage. A lovely garden shrub!
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x 'Susan' grows to be a large upright shrub initially with arching branches once established.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (9 ft)
- Notes: This selection is similar in many respects to Magnolia x 'Ricki' but is slightly more vigorous and has a larger eventual size. This cultivar is a hybrid between Magnolia liliflora and Magnolia stellata 'Rosea'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like