Liquidambar styraciflua 'Worplesdon'
(Sweet Gum) A famous selection of Liquidambar with fiery autumn colour that appears relatively early, starting in early September and lasting until late October.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A famous selection of Liquidambar with fiery autumn colour that appears relatively early, starting in early September and lasting until late October. The green summer leaves turn a brilliant orange, red and yellow before they fall.
Liquidambar styraciflua 'Worplesdon' is a handsome and reliable tree with long lasting autumn colour, suitable for garden or woodland planting.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liquidambar styraciflua 'Worplesdon' will grow well in most areas but will produce its most bright and vivid autumn colour in lime free or acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Liquidambar styraciflua 'Worplesdon' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large tree with a rounded crown once established.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft) / up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft) / up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: The autumn colour of individual plants will vary according to weather and in particular the pH of your soil. The best, most vivid colours will occur in lime-free or acid soils. A liberal annual application of flowers of sulphur around the base of a Liquidambar, at a rate of up to 2 oz. per square yard on neutral or slightly alkaline soils will slowly lower the pH and intensify the autumn colour!
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like