Syringa pekinensis 'China Snow'
(Peking Tree Lilac) An exciting new introduction, Syringa pekinensis 'China Snow' is a small tree with masses of fragrant white flowers which appear in early summer and an ornamental, peeling, amber-brown bark once established.
Supplied Size: 3L / 4L pots (40 - 60 cm tall)
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An exciting new introduction, Syringa pekinensis 'China Snow' is a small tree with masses of fragrant white flowers which appear in early summer and an ornamental, peeling, amber-brown bark once established. The leaves are dark green and attractive in their own right, with yellow or bronze autumn colour.
A little slow growing initially, this tree is tolerant of dry soils and ideal for small gardens, flowering best if planted in a nice sunny position.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained soil. Syringa pekinensis 'China Snow' is drought tolerant.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree, oval when young and more rounded when mature.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft) if left unpruned
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Syringa pekinensis 'China Snow' will flower best in a warm, sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Scented
You might also like