Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea'
(Variegated English Holly) A curious holly and very attractive variegated holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' has spines on the surface of the leaves as well as the edges.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A curious holly and very attractive variegated holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' has spines on the surface of the leaves as well as the edges. The leaves are dark green, lined with a handsome silvery-white variegation.
Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' is a fairly slow growing shrub but once established, the dense habit and spiny leaves make this a good barrier plant and it can be pruned to create an unusual hedge.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized shrub with a branching, rounded habit.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft) / or up to 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft after 10 years)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / or up to 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft after 10 years)
- Notes: Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' is a male holly, suitable for pollinating nearby female hollies
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge, Leaf Colour - Variegated
You might also like