Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Roseum'
(Pink-flowered Climbing Hydrangea) Similar to Schizophragma hydrangeoides, this lovely selection has beautiful rose-pink flowers rather then white.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Similar to Schizophragma hydrangeoides, this lovely selection has beautiful rose-pink flowers rather then white. An unusual, woody climber ideal for many shady situations, including growing up trees and walls facing north or east.
- Position: Partial or reasonably heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Roseum' eventually grows to be a large, self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (12 ft)
- Notes: In cooler, northern parts of the U.K., Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Roseum' will grow in a sunny position. In southern areas with hot summers, they much prefer partial shade. This plant requires protection from slugs.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft), Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Rare and Unusual
You might also like