Quercus robur 'Concordia'
(Golden-leaved English Oak) A lovely and slow growing selection of oak, Quercus robur 'Concordia' has superb, clear golden-yellow leaves and was first raised on a nursery in Belgium in the nineteenth century.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A lovely and slow growing selection of oak, Quercus robur 'Concordia' has superb, clear golden-yellow leaves and was first raised on a nursery in Belgium in the nineteenth century. The brightly coloured, golden leaves stand out particularly well against a dark background.
Quercus robur 'Concordia' is very unusual and ideal for smaller gardens or woodland areas.
- Position: Light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any, fertile soil. Tolerates damp but well drained soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Quercus robur 'Concordia' will eventually grow to be a small tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: This plant is slow growing and will take many years to reach the above listed height, a specimen in our own gardens had reached a height of 1.5 m (5 ft) after 8 years.
- Important: The leaves of Quercus robur 'Concordia' can be a little susceptible to mildew in late summer and this oak therefore benefits from being planted in a position away from large trees which may drip water onto it.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00
New Price Each £15.00
New Price Each £14.95Regular price £9.95 -5% New Price Each £9.45
New Price Each £35.00
- On sale!