(Flowering Cherry) Fairly late into flower, Prunus 'Shirofugen' has masses of double flowers towards the end of spring, pink while in bud, white once open and fading to dark pink just before they fall.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Fairly late into flower, Prunus 'Shirofugen' has masses of double flowers towards the end of spring, pink while in bud, white once open and fading to dark pink just before they fall. The leaves are usually bronze in colour when they emerge in spring turning green later on.
Prunus 'Shirofugen' is a very handsome garden tree with an excellent display of Spring flowers!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: Pink in bud, white once open.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus 'Shirofugen' grows to be a small tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like