Liriodendron tulipifera 'Aureomarginatum'
(Variegated Tulip Tree) Liriodendron tulipifera 'Aureomarginatum' is a colourful, variegated tulip tree with large leaves that have rich golden-yellow margins and turn rich shades of yellow/bronze before falling in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Colourful, variegated tulip tree with large leaves that have rich golden-yellow margins and turn rich shades of yellow/bronze before falling in autumn. When mature it has large amounts of yellow-green tulip flowers.
Liriodendron tulipifera ''Auroemarginatum' is a spectacular garden tree once established with lovely, colourful foliage interest through the year.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liriodendron tulipifera 'Auroemarginatum' does generally not grow well in dry soils which are prone to drying out in summer.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish-green with orange markings
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Liriodendron tulipifera 'Auroemarginatum' is eventually a large branching tree.
- Height: up to 30 m (98 ft).
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft).
- Notes: Liriodendron tulipifera 'Auroemarginatum' will produce better quality, larger leaves in a position sheltered from strong winds. Please bear in mind that this tulip tree does not start flowering for between 20 - 25 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Variegated, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large