Echinacea purpurea 'Alba'
(Coneflower) A handsome perennial, Echinacea purpurea 'Alba' is moderately vigorous with large pure white flowers with a prominent raised central greenish-yellow cone.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A handsome perennial, Echinacea purpurea 'Alba' is moderately vigorous with large pure white flowers with a prominent raised central greenish-yellow cone. With its long flowering period, this is a superb choice of plant for a sunny border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Echinacea purpurea 'Alba' grows to be a clump forming perennial with tall flower stems.
- Height: up to 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- Notes: Echinacea purpurea 'Alba' may require protection from slugs.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large, Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like