(Red Hot Poker) A handsome perennial, Kniphofia 'Alcazar' has tall flower spikes with orange-red flower buds opening to yellow-orange flowers in late summer and early autumn.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A handsome perennial, Kniphofia 'Alcazar' has tall flower spikes with orange-red flower buds opening to yellow-orange flowers in late summer and early autumn. The flowers are attractive to insects, including bees.
Kniphofia 'Alcazar' is clump forming and will usually flower best if planted in a sunny position with good drainage.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial with tall flower spikes.
- Height: 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium, Herbaceous - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), To grow in a pot
You might also like