(Montbretia) A popular plant native to South Africa, Crocosmia 'Lucifer' has dense clumps of long, upright, sword-like leaves and has clusters of brilliant-red flowers in late summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A popular plant native to South Africa, Crocosmia 'Lucifer' has dense clumps of long, upright, sword-like leaves and has clusters of brilliant-red flowers in late summer. Spectacular when group planted in a flowering border to add structure and vivid colour or as part of a 'hot' border.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Crocosmia 'Lucifer' grows to be a clump forming perennial with upright flower stems.
- Height: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 80 cm (2 ½ ft)
- Notes: The stems of Crocosmia 'Lucifer' can be cut to produce eye-catching cut flowers in late summer. Mature plants can be divided in the spring and replanted as required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), To grow in a pot
You might also like