Echinacea purpurea 'Leuchtstern'
(Purple Coneflower) An attractive, tough perennial, Echinacea purpurea is reasonably fast growing with large pinkish-purple flowers with a distinctive raised central orange cone.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An attractive, tough perennial, Echinacea purpurea 'Leuchtstern' is reasonably fast growing with large pinkish-purple flowers with a distinctive raised central orange cone. With its long flowering period and vivid colour, this is a superb choice of plant for a sunny border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - October.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Echinacea purpurea 'Leuchtstern' grows to be a clump forming perennial with tall flower stems.
- Height: up to 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.2 cm (4 ft)
- Notes: Echinacea purpurea may require protection from slugs.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like