Centaurea montana 'Alba'
(Mountain Cornflower) An eye-catching perennial, Centaurea montana 'Alba' has showy white, thistle-like flowers-heads in late spring and early summer.
Supplied Size: 3L pots
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An eye-catching perennial, Centaurea montana 'Alba' has showy white, thistle-like flowers-heads in late spring and early summer. The leaves are mid green in colour.
Centaurea montana 'Alba' will grow and flower best in a sunny position with good drainage.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - July.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Centaurea montana 'Alba' grows to be a clump forming perennial with upright flower stems.
- Height: up to 45 cm (1 - 1 1/2 ft)
- Spread: 30 cm (1 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like