Hedera helix 'Buttercup'
(Golden Ivy) A slow growing evergreen plant, Hedera helix 'Buttercup' has butter-yellow leaves and makes an attractive small climber or ground cover plant.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A slow growing evergreen plant, Hedera helix 'Buttercup' has butter-yellow leaves and makes an attractive small climber or ground cover plant. The leaves are most colourful in full sun and in shade turn lime-green.
Hedera helix 'Buttercup' is slow growing and not for instant gratification. Because of this is does not enjoy competition from closely planted, vigorous shrubs and so a little space in which to develop is normally a good idea.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Hedera helix 'Buttercup' is a small trailing or groundcover ivy.
- Height: under 15 - 30 cm (1/2 ft) or taller if planted as a climber.
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Small (under 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like