(Snowdrop tree) An unusual tree in the United Kingdom, Halesia diptera is a large shrub or very small tree with beautiful, showy, bell-shaped white flowers in early summer.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
(Snowdrop tree) An unusual tree in the United Kingdom, Halesia diptera is a large shrub or very small tree with beautiful, showy, bell-shaped white flowers in early summer. These pretty flowers are followed by 3 - 4 cm long, greenish-yellow drupes (fruit).
The leaves are broad, oval and mid green in colour, sometimes turning shades of yellow or bronze before falling in autumn. Halesia diptera is an attractive garden plant, either as part of a flowering border or as a standalone specimen tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Halesia diptera grows to be a large shrub or small branching tree once established.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like