Fuchsia magellanica var molinae
Fuchsia magellanica var molinae is a charming medium to large shrub with soft green leaves and masses pale pink flower throughout late summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Hardy Fuchsia) A charming garden shrub with soft green leaves and masses of delicate, pale pink flower throughout late summer. When mature, Fuchsia magellanica var molinae also develops flaking, parchment like bark which is eye-catching in its own right.
A lovely hardy Fuchsia which is particularly suitable for a flowering border or for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - October.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Large, branching, rounded shrub once established.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned / [1.5 m (5 ft) if pruned every two years]
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned / [1.5 m (5 ft) if pruned every two years]
- Notes: Fuchsia magellanica var molinae can be pruned back hard to shape if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, To grow in a pot
You might also like