Prunus 'Shropshire Prune'
(Damson) A self-fertile and free fruiting tree, Damson 'Shropshire Prune' has pale blueish-black fruit with an excellent tart flavour and aromatic pale green flesh.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A self-fertile and free fruiting tree, Damson 'Shropshire Prune' has pale blueish-black fruit with an excellent tart flavour and aromatic pale green flesh. These are available on a semi dwarfing rootstock and as such make neat, compact trees suitable for small gardens.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: The fruit can be picked in early autumn. It can be frozen and used later in the year or eaten fresh. This damson is grafted on a St Julian A rootstock.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible
You might also like