(Smokebush) A lovely deciduous shrub, Cotinus 'Grace' has plumes of pale pink, smoke-like flowers in summer and purple-tinged leaves which turn dramatic shades of red and orange in autumn before falling.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A lovely deciduous shrub, Cotinus 'Grace' has plumes of pale pink, smoke-like flowers in summer and purple-tinged leaves which turn dramatic shades of red and orange in autumn before falling.
Excellent choice of shrub for summer and autumn interest with best leaf colour seen when planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cotinus 'Grace' grows to be a large rounded shrub (can be pruned if required).
- Height: up to 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Pruning: In smaller gardens, Cotinus 'Grace' can be pruned back hard in March each year to encourage fresh new growth and reduce the end size.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like