Corylus avellana 'Anny's Purple Dream'
(Purple Hazel) An unusual new hazel, Corylus avellana 'Anny's Purple Dream' grows to be a conical small tree with lovely dark purple summer leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An unusual new hazel, Corylus avellana 'Anny's Purple Dream' grows to be a conical small tree with lovely dark purple summer leaves. Established plants produce a good crop of edible nuts.
Although a very attractive tree in time, it can also be coppiced to create a smaller, more branching shrub if required.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: January to March (Catkins).
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Corylus avellana 'Anny's Purple Dream' grows to be a small conical tree which may be coppiced if required.
- Height: up to 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft) / or up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) in 10 years
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) / or up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Fruit - Edible
You might also like