Tsuga canadensis 'Pendula'
(Weeping Eastern Hemlock) A very handsome plant, Tsuga canadensis 'Pendula' is evergreen and slow growing with handsome drooping branches covered with glossy green leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A very handsome plant, Tsuga canadensis 'Pendula' is evergreen and slow growing with handsome drooping branches covered with glossy green leaves. Can be trained vertically to a supporting bamboo cane for height or if left to its own devices will gradually form a low mound of branches.
Suitable for small gardens, rock garden areas and can be grown to cascade over a low wall or similar.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Prefers moist, fertile soil but avoid areas prone to waterlogging.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Slow growing and not for instant gratification, Tsuga canadensis 'Pendula' will gradually develop into a weeping shrub or eventually very small weeping tree in many years..
- Height: eventually up to approx 3 m if trained (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Weeping, Rare and Unusual
You might also like