Picea abies 'Rydal'
(Norway spruce) New to us, Picea abies 'Rydal' grows to be a small upright, bushy conifer with vivid deep purple-red fresh shoots in spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
New to us, Picea abies 'Rydal' grows to be a small upright, bushy conifer with vivid deep purple-red fresh shoots in spring. The colour lasts for a few weeks and gradually darkens to green later in the year.
Not for instant gratification, Picea abies 'Rydal' is an excellent choice of small tree for spring colour once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Picea abies 'Rydal' grows to be an upright, densely branching small tree once established..
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also like