Available late 2019
(Widowmaker or Big Cone Pine) Not called a "widowmaker" for nothing, the eye-catching cones of this rare, medium sized tree can weigh several kilograms and be nearly a foot (30cm) long.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Not called a "widowmaker" for nothing, the eye-catching cones of this rare, medium sized tree can weigh several kilograms and be nearly a foot (30cm) long. Fairly slow growing, large cones will not appear until this pine tree is established.
Hardy and thriving here in our arboretum, Pinus coulteri is evergreen and needs really well drained soil, ideally in a sunny situation.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Slow to establish and conical when young. Pinus coulteri eventually grows to be a medium sized tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft) in the U.K.
- Spread: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like