Taxus baccata 'Dovastonii Aurea'
Available Winter 2019
(Golden Yew Tree ) A splendid female cultivar which is similar to a normal yew, but with handsome, golden-yellow young shoots.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A splendid female cultivar which is similar to a normal yew, but with handsome, golden-yellow young shoots. Taxus baccata 'Dovastonii Aurea' is slow growing for the first few years, but once established can grow as much as 30 - 40 cm a year.
Established specimens produce small, bright red berries late in the year which contrast well against the golden foliage. An eye-catching garden tree!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established, then moderate.
- Habit: Small tree with an upright habit and gently pendulous, arching branches once established.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like