(Yew Tree) The yew is a beautiful evergreen conifer native to parts of Europe, North Africa and East Asia.
Supplied Sizes: 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 25 - 30 cm tall)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
The yew is a beautiful evergreen conifer native to parts of Europe, North Africa and East Asia. They are very long lived plants, with some surviving for up to 2000 years, making it the longest lived tree in Europe.
A handsome standalone tree if left to its own devices, Taxus baccata can also be pruned to create a superb formal hedge.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with an open, rounded habit if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: All parts of Taxus baccata are poisonous and should not be eaten!
- Larger Sizes: We can supply yew plants at larger sizes if required. If you would like a quote, please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number & size of plants you require. Please note that these yews are available in late autumn - winter - early spring when dormant. Larger sizes may be to heavy to be sent with our normal mail order service and sometimes require collection.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge, To grow in a pot
You might also like