Ginkgo biloba 'Shangri-la'
(Maidenhair Tree) A rare male selection, Ginkgo biloba 'Shangri-la' has bright green leaves which turn golden-yellow before falling in autumn and an upright pyramidal habit.
Supplied Size: This unusual plant is rarely available. Please use the notification system below if you wish to be contacted if/when more are available.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A rare male selection, Ginkgo biloba 'Shangri-la' has bright green leaves which turn golden-yellow before falling in autumn and an upright pyramidal habit.
New to us and reputed to be reasonably vigorous (for a Ginkgo), this makes a handsome garden tree with eye-catching autumn colour once established.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with pyramidal habit when young and spreading once mature.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft) / [up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: Ginkgo biloba 'Shangri-la' grows well in dry, urban environments and is a superb tree for a town garden.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like