Picea omorika 'Pendula'
Available Autumn 2019
(Weeping Serbian Spruce) A narrow upright conifer with graceful, weeping side branches, Picea omorika 'Pendula' makes a spectacular stand alone specimen tree.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A narrow upright conifer with graceful, weeping side branches, Picea omorika 'Pendula' makes a spectacular stand alone specimen tree. The needles are dark green and glossy with a silvery underside.
This plant can also be grow over a support, for example several large bamboo canes, to produce an arch-effect with a weeping veil of branches.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Prefers moist, fertile soil. Picea omorika 'Pendula' will tolerate a wide range of soil types.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small narrow, upright tree with weeping branches.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) in ten years)
- Spread: up to 5 m (16 ft). [1 m (3 ft) in ten years)
- Notes: Once planted and established, Picea omorika 'Pendula' does generally not enjoy being moved.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Weeping
You might also like