Wisteria floribunda 'Macrobotrys'
Wisteria floribunda 'Macrobotrys' is a popular large climber, flowering best in a sunny position with very long, mauve-lilac flower racemes in early summer once established.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
Popular and elegant climbing plant with attractive green foliage and large mauve-lilac, fragrant and trailing flower racemes up to 80cm long. A popular plant for training along wires or up trellis against a sunny house wall or fence and Wisteria floribunda 'Macrobotrys' is also extremely attractive when grown through established trees or shrubs!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Mauve-lilac
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria floribunda 'Macrobotrys' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning the branches of Wisteria floribunda 'Macrobotrys' back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like