Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Morning Cloud'
(x Chitalpa) A beautiful hybrid between Catalpa bignonioides and Chilopsis linearis which was first raised in the 1960's at the Uzbek Academy of Sciences Botanical Garden in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(x Chitalpa) A beautiful hybrid between Catalpa bignonioides and Chilopsis linearis which was first raised in the 1960's at the Uzbek Academy of Sciences Botanical Garden in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. This particular selection grows to be a large shrub with lush green, lance-like leaves and racemes of very pretty, pale pink to white flowers with a purple lined throat.
x Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Morning Cloud' is a striking ornamental plant once established and really benefits from being planted in a hot, sunny position!
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 40 - 60 cm tall)
- Position: Requires hot position in full sun or it will not flower..
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy. This Chitalpa should be planted in a part of your garden which is hot & sunny in the summer and sheltered from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: white or very pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: x Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Morning Cloud' grows to be a large rounded shrub in the UK once established.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as x Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Morning Cloud' and is most suited to a very hot, sunny garden. In cool areas of the U.K. or shady gardens, this plant may not flower well or at all.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like