Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Herkenrode Dwarf'
(Dwarf Katsura Tree) A rare plant in the UK, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Herkenrode Dwarf' has a compact, branching habit with the leaves turning green in summer and yellow, orange & red in autumn before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Available Autumn 2018
(Dwarf Katsura Tree) A rare plant in the UK, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Herkenrode Dwarf' has a compact, branching habit with the leaves turning green in summer and yellow, orange & red in autumn before falling. Established plants are much smaller than the classic Cercidiphyllum japonicum.
As the leaves fall from the tree late in the year, they give off an aroma similar to burnt sugar or candy floss. An ideal choice of tree for autumn colour in smaller gardens where a traditional Cercidiphyllum might be to large!
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in this plant please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on (01530) 413700 and we will contact you when it is next available.
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in acid soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy but vulnerable to late spring frosts as a young plant, although it usually recovers well. Grows best in an area sheltered from strong winds (this also allows the tree to keep its autumn colour for as long as possible).
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Herkenrode Dwarf' grows to be a small tree with a bushy, rounded crown.
- Height: Eventually up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like